Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Learning Is Fun

You know, science is not all that boring if you think about it. It can be fun if you get the right teacher, and I hope to be that way with my students. I am reminded of the sting ray on the movie Finding Nemo. He made learning fun for the kids. I actually used a clip of it in one of my lessons to demonstrate a learning memory model. The subject was the zones of the ocean. The ocean is split up into zones to help classify it. In Mr. Ray's song he says, "Let's name the zones, the zones, the zones. Let's name the zones of the open sea. There's epipelagic, mesopelagic, bathypelagic, abyssopelagic, all the rest are too deep for you and me to see!" I had the class learn the song and sing it with the movie. Most of them had no idea what Mr. Ray was talking about until it was explained in a fun way. I hope to be like Bill Nye when I start teaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home